Security Officer 2nd Shift
Summary: Performs security duties for the facility by monitoring and controlling access to the facility. Observes people and property for unusual, illegal, or dangerous activity or conditions. Reports findings to the lead or supervisor. Carries our policies and procedures established by the department. Assists security lead and security supervisor in all aspects of the department assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Checks identification of incoming personnel, visitors, vendors, and truck drivers to secure the facility against intrusion.
- Completes required paperwork to monitor truck traffic, seals, and destination.
- Monitors radio and telephone communications.
- Learns job duties, including food safety regulations, to improve ability and professionalism.
- Assists in traffic and pedestrian control and access.
- Assists emergency personnel when arriving at the facility.
- Monitors all electronic surveillance equipment.
- Directs deliveries and/or visitors to the proper areas.
- Notifies the facility of incoming visitors to ensure a high level of food security.
- Conducts escorts per request.
- Performs and manages duties as a roving officer, when needed.
- Qualifies for company driver program & pass a background investigation.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
Must have a valid driver's license and qualify for company driving program. Where required by the state worked in, must have any applicable security licensing and training.
Must wear designated uniform and must be neat and clean. Must not wear jewelry or other bodily attachments that would prohibit entry into production work areas. Must maintain confidentiality and support the departmental objectives and all company policies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee will be frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and fumes or airborne particles, including dust. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.