Advanced Senior Computer Support
Advanced Senior Computer Support Position Summary Under light supervision, troubleshoots, installs, maintains, operates, and supports complex client computing technology, operating systems, networks, and related technologies requiring advanced technical skills. Essential Duties and Responsibilities This list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Provides advanced (level III) phone, online, and on-site support to technology users as well as, level I and level II support for other Computer Technicians.
- Leads teams in diagnosing client computing hardware and software malfunctions and coordinating and/or implementing repair activities.
- Works independently using high-level logical problem determination skills and procedures to isolate faults in computers, networks, software, and hardware, and implements the repairs.
- Assists in troubleshooting data communication and networking related issues, including Wi-Fi and Voice-over Internet Protocol (VoIP), and resolving or acting as point of contact to appropriate parties for service assistance.
- Research and develop standard practices for installing, implementing, and configuring client computer hardware and software within an enterprise scale networked computing environment.
- Research and develop processes for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing client computer hardware and software within an enterprise-scale networked computing environment.
- Creates reports, presentations, training materials, knowledge documents, and/or other documentation to support Level II and Level I technicians.
- Participates in the development of client computing hardware and software specifications for new client computing related technologies.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of hardware and software systems installations and upgrades.
- Conforms to safety standards, as prescribed.
- Performs other tasks related to the position, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Position Expectations)
- Knowledge of computer technologies both for Servers and PCs.
- Knowledge of advanced networking technologies, protocols, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of current operating systems both server and PC.
- Knowledge of stand-alone and networked printer configuration and support.
- Knowledge of the installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and repair of various mobile devices.
- Ability to understand, discuss, and explain technical problems with non-technical customers.
- Ability to interpret complex technical documentation.
- Ability to diagnose high-level computing technology malfunctions and perform complex repairs.
- Ability to create, edit, and maintain technical documentation.
- Ability to make technical presentations.
- Aid in the support and training of Level II and I technicians.
- Possess physical and mental stamina commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
Licenses and Certifications
- A valid driver’s license that allows the applicant to legally operate a motor vehicle. License must be maintained for the duration of employment.
- Clean driving record
- Ability to pass a drug screening
- Able to work legally in the United States (green card assistance is not provided)
- Industry certification in the area of computing technologies, such as Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) A+, Net+, Security+, etc.
- Experience leading large and/or complex client computer technology environments.
Employment Type: Full Time
Posted: 2022-02-28 16:52:01
Employer: Preferred Office Technologies
Location: Fort Smith Arkansas 72903-3147, US
Please Contact: Paula Carter