Electrical Design Engineer
At Trane Technologies™ and through our businesses including Trane® and Thermo King®, we create innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go. This Electrical Design Engineer is responsible for unit electrical system designs for Trane HVAC Commercial products. Responsibilities include main unit control panel and auxiliary control panel design and layout as well as selection and qualification of electrical and electro-mechanical power components, electrical wiring, transformers, circuit breakers, contactors, overloads, variable frequency drives, solid-state starters and wye-delta starters. This position will generate unit electrical designs, control panel prototypes, test documentation and reports along with product documentation necessary to release unit designs to production. Further equipment responsibilities also include integrating the following types of pre-engineered devices into the unit design: low voltage sensors, wireless and wired interconnection devices, and Trane-developed HVAC control electronics. Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Become familiar with Trane Commercial Chillers, Rooftops, and Air Handler products.
- Develop control box layout designs, wire harness routing and transformer load calculations.
- Develop laboratory test plans and analyze test data.
- Provide guidance and leadership to designers, lab technicians and other team members.
- Execute a wide variety of electrical or quality and productivity improvement projects.
- Develop and/or update Trane electrical purchased part engineering drawings and standards.
- Both domestic and international travel may be required. Estimated travel is 10%.
- Strong interest in HVAC applications and operating conditions for refrigeration equipment.
- Knowledge of the appropriate product safety and design standards; including but not limited to UL/CSA 1995, UL508, UL508A, National Electric Code, ANSI Z21.47, ASHRAE 90.1, etc.
- Basic experience with 3D-CAD applications such as ProE is a plus but not required.
- Able to function as a team member on cross-functional product engineering teams, and deliver on select design elements for projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate up, down, and across the organization.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently understand and organize information necessary to make engineering decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology and at least an electrical engineering Co-op or Internship is required.
Employment Type: Full Time
Posted: 2022-02-09 14:06:36
Employer: TRANE TECHNOLOGIES PLC
Location: La Crosse Wisconsin 72903, US
Please Contact: Ahren Niedfeldt